Friday, October 24, 2014

What am I reading?

Since I got married I've occasionally read a couple of motivation and self help books but these are whats constantly in my book shelf:

1. Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. Suggested by a Derma friend, this is really a marriage book with a difference! whenever I have disagreements with the hubby that I completely don't understand I grab this book and read and munch on the words and it places me back to reality. It answered a lot of questions but still acknowledged the beauty of our differences as husband and wife. So I suggest you guys read this and feel free and highlight all the phrases and passages that speak to you. Give your husband all the respect and adoration you can and watch the magic happen.



2. The One Year Love Language Minute Devotional by Gary D. Chapman. I read this book as soon as I wake up each morning and sometimes together with my husband before we go to bed, it takes just one minute to pray for your spouse and for your family. The Short scripture and prayer really makes you get through your whole day thinking and reflecting on what you are experiencing in your present relationship.



3. What to Expect when your Expecting by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel. This was the very first book I purchased as soon as I learned I was pregnant with my little man. This was a good resource for first time moms or just moms that would like to learn more about the journey they are into. Being pregnant is really a wonderful blessing but experiencing everything for the first time makes me clueless even though I am a nurse. There was a time when I did not know when the abdominal pain I was feeling was normal or not or do I need to be worried if I came down with an awful flu; this book explained a lot and in a calm and reassuring manner. Knowledge is power girls! the more you know, the more youre going to have to be prepared. P.S. This is a very good resource for your spouse as well!!!


Most of the books I have here are either bought at National Bookstore or Booksale. How about you? What  books are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment